Nicoleabouttown

Nicoleabouttown

Scarlet - Marissa Meyer Now I loved Cinder. So when Marissa Meyer's follow-up Scarlet showed up in my mailbox I was positively giddy with excitement. I immediately threw my reading schedule out the window, poured a glass of wine and cracked it open. Let me tell you, it was so, so worth it.

I'm not even gonna lie. I normally don't like books that everyone else does and I generally try to stay away from books that have a lot of 'hype' surrounding them. For me, the books with the most 'hype' surrounding them rarely live up to my expectations and I'm usually left feeling disappointed and with a 'that's it' feeling by the end. I am happy to say that this is not the case with the second book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

Scarlet, not only has all the makings of being a great story, but it also furthers along what is surely becoming an epic adventure. The introduction of new characters, dynamic characters, only further adds to the believability and enjoyability of the story. Can I just say Throne (awesome) and Wolf (swoon)!

While Scarlet is a reimagined version of Little Red Riding Hood, a story that most of us is familiar with, there was such dimension and depth in this story, and the characters, that you kind of forget how the original Little Red Riding Hood goes. I think that is the true testament of Meyer's writing and storytelling ability that she was able to get me to forget about the original story completely and just delve right into what she had created and just enjoy it from beginning to end.

The only sucky thing about Scarlet is that it ended and now I have to wait until 2014 for Cress to be released! What ever will I do to pass the time?