Nicoleabouttown

Nicoleabouttown

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) - Rick Riordan So at the time I read this book, I hadn't yet read the Percy Jackson series by the same author. I own all five books in that series, but I stopped reading them after the first one. I can't really say why. I picked up this book on the sole strength of how much I love the books in the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan.

Can I just say that I throughly enjoyed this book? I can't really say that this book is better than the original Percy Jackson series as I haven't read them yet, but in my opinion, this book can hold it's own.

I could not stop giggling when I read this book. The humor in this book, just as it was in the Kane Chronicles, just didn't stop. I am not really sure what it is about the Satyr's that makes them so funny, but it just works. Give that satyr a bit of a complex and a megaphone and the hilarity just doesn't stop.

One thing I did appreciate about this book was not only the introduction of new characters, but the fact that each chapter or two was told from a different viewpoint. I find that with these stories, getting the different view points works very well as each character has their own part to play in the story. The best part of this book and in fact this series, is that not only does it get kids excited to read, but it teaches them quite a lot about mythology and in terms that they can understand.