Nicoleabouttown

Nicoleabouttown

Dexter by Design - Jeff Lindsay There are very few things that actually creep me out. I mean things that bother most people, I wouldn't even bat an eyelash at. Take me to a horror movie where everyone is freaking out at the gore being depicted on screen and I don't even bat an eyelash. Take me to a movie where the main characters are professing their undying love for one another while gazing into each others eyes and I am most likely to cover my eyes in horror. Yes, I know it's weird, but that is just the way I am. Having said that this book had some scenes that just made me my skin crawl, Jennifer's Leg being just one of them.

In Dexter by Design we once again have the return of our favourite serial killer and his dark passenger. Gone is the hapless Dexter that we saw in the previous book when confronted by something more sinister than himself. We catch up with Dexter as he is on his honeymoon in Paris with the ever annoying Rita. While he is unable to indulge in his favourite hobby during his vacation, he does find some rather interesting and disturbing performance art to pass the time.

Upon his return from Paris, Dexter is immediately confronted with some very, very different homicides that are a bit puzzling to him. While once again trying to help his ever ungrateful and self-absorbed sister Deborah, Dexter ends up getting himself in a bit of hot water while finding out that not all objects in the mirror are as they appear.

This was a different, but enjoyable version of Dexter. It was nice to see him back to his old self, but at the same time being kept on his toes and realizing that sometimes he is his own worst enemy.